Chef's & Paring Set
The Spectre Chef's Knife & Paring Knife Set is comprised of multi-purpose utensils designed to excel at many different kitchen tasks. With a Rockwell Hardness of 58 and sharpened to 14° per side using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method, the impressively sharp, precision-forged blades allows for effortless slicing, coring, dicing, peeling, skinning, mincing, and chopping foods of nearly any size.
The Spectre Series
Gorgeous. Elegant. Ferociously formidable with unparalleled craftsmanship. With its special steel composition, our AUS-8 blades meet the standard of a tough, rust-resistant knife with a significantly long-lasting razor-sharp edge. Carbon and Molybdenum increase rigidity and high wear resistance, Chromium and Nickel increase mechanical strength and edge retention, and Manganese helps increase hardness, reduce structural wear, and make for easy sharpening. Put that all together, add our heat-treatment and hardening process to ensure durability, increased sharpness, and abrasion resistance, and you have yourself a new culinary life companion.
Adorned with an opulent mosaic pin made of brass and copper, our mirror-polish imported Spanish Pakkwood handles feel as if they were made just for you. They have a traditional Japanese D-Shape that tucks right into the palm with unrivaled comfort and control for both righties and lefties. Composed of wood fibers and fortified with resins, our Spectre Series pakkawood is exceptionally dense, possesses incredible strength, won't crack or split, and has high water- resistant capabilities with easy maintenance.
Spectre Series Professional 8" Chef's Knife
A professional chef's knife is a multi-purpose instrument designed to truly excel at many different kitchen tasks. Its profile is especially helpful for rapid, staccato, rocking motions. The Spectre Chef's Knife's amazingly sharp, precision-forged blade allows for effortless slicing, dicing, mincing, chopping vegetables, slicing meat or fish, and efficiently cutting up and disjointing a whole chicken or large cuts.
Spectre Series Professional 4" Paring Knife
The Spectre Paring Knife is a straight edge all-purpose knife with many uses, and its small size helps facilitate precise and intricate cutting details. It can peel the skin off a tomato, core an apple, hull strawberries, and transform citrus fruit to snazzy and spectacular slices. It’s also perfect for any foods that require attention to detail, such as de-veining a shrimp, removing the seeds from a jalapeño, and peeling, skinning, or cutting small garnishes. The non-stick properties of our own specially formulated Japanese High Carbon AUS-8 Stainless Steel blade provides precise and clean cuts. Our paring knife picks up where a chef’s knife leaves off, as a great tool for slicing and mincing items that are too small for 8- to 10-inch blades such as garlic, or shallots.
Features and Benefits
- Precision-forged & nitrogen cooled professional grade Japanese high-carbon AUS-8 stainless steel
- Hand sharpened using the complex, three-stage, traditional Japanese Honbazuke method to a perfect 14° angle per side
- Rockwell Hardness of 58 for maximum strength, flexibility, & blade edge durability
- Amazing edge retention keeps its blade’s sharpness long
- Added chromium for improved steel strength and enhanced stain resistance
- Gorgeous mirror-polished black Spanish Pakkawood handle
- Traditional Japanese D-Shape is designed to tuck right into your palm
- Mosaic pin of brass and copper adds elegance and luxury
- Full Tang strength and solid, handcrafted construction
- Nearly impervious to heat, cold, & moisture
- Stainless end-cap counterbalance
- Kessaku Spectre Series 8" Chef's Knife
- Kessaku Spectre Series 4" Paring Knife
- Kessaku Felt-lined Knife Sheaths (2)
- Kessaku Premium Gift Box with Magnetic Closures (2)
- Kessaku Polishing Cloths (2)
- Kessaku Care Instruction Booklets (2)
Beauty and design describe my new Kessaku set. The compliments I receive are great, but the design and ease of use make me very happy cook.
My favorite go to set. I enjoy them so much, they are my knives of choice when preparing meals in my personal kitchen and bring them alone when on a job.
So pleased to be a part of Kessaku Family. Not only are we in love with our Knives set, the customer support provided was top notch!