The Dynasty Sharpening Steel Honing Rod is used to maintain a blade's sharp edge. When viewing a knife blade under a very strong microscope its edge will look like a series of tiny points. Over time and use these points get pushed down and bent out of shape. Using our honing rod realigns and straightens that edge for smoother, safer cuts.
The Dynasty Series
Gorgeous. Proper Honing for Breathtaking Blades. Restore the edges of your blades to their original geometry and sharpness with Kessaku’s Professional Honing Rod. It has longitudinal ridges that run along its length to ensure a smooth, firm, and safe grip, as well as a cross-guard bar between the blade and the hilt to protect your hands while honing. It also has a spiked tip to prevent slipping. The rod is constructed from professional-grade 430 Chromium Alloy stainless steel and has a Rockwell Hardness of 89 for maximum strength and durability. Regular honing helps retain a blade’s sharpness, so you’ll need to sharpen your blades less often.
Alluring and gorgeous, the military-aircraft-grade G10 Glass Resin handle is perfectly balanced and contoured for amazing comfort & safety, highly impact resistant, and features triple rivet construction. G10 thermoset technology allows for a virtually unbreakable handle. This provides the Dynasty Series unparalleled strength and reliability with a handle that will not oxidize or soften over time. Poised to combat the harsh conditions of the kitchen, water and heat will not affect the ergonomic and stabilized grip for years to come.
Features and Benefits
- Precision-forged & Nitrogen cooled professional-grade 430 Chromium Alloy stainless steel rod
- Rockwell Hardness of 89 for maximum strength, flexibility, & edge durability.
- The honing rod has longitudinal ridges that run along its length which ensures a smooth, firm, and safe grip to effortlessly realign and straighten the edges of your blades.
- Gorgeous, handcrafted G10 Glass fiber resin handle features triple rivet construction and Full Tang strength
- Impact-resistant handle is also nearly impervious to heat, cold, & moisture
- Cross-guard (or quillon) bar between the blade and the hilt, designed to protect your hand from harm
- Magnetized tip to attract metal fibers
- Spiked tip helps prevent slipping
- Kessaku Dynasty Series 10" Honing Steel
- Kessaku Premium Gift Box with Magnetic Closure
- Kessaku Polishing Cloth
- Kessaku Care Instruction Booklet