Thinner than a chef’s knife, which allows for thinner and more precise slices, our Ronin Carving Knife’s amazingly sharp, precision-forged blade has been sharpened using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method to a perfect 16-degree angle per side. With its Granton Edge scalloped cutouts providing minimal sticking, it's perfect for carving thin, uniform slices from cooked poultry like turkey or chicken, slicing large roasts, brisket, and pork, and can also be used for filleting large fish.
The Ronin Series
Distinguished by the eye-catching subtle beauty of their finely etched chromed steel, our Ronin Series blades are strikingly sharp and exquisitely etched over in an elegant pattern reminiscent of the classic Japanese Seigaiha pattern (waves layered from concentric circles), which represents surges of good luck. It can also signify resilience, and power. Our specially formulated high-carbon 7Cr17MoV stainless steel adds a high order of Chromium for enhanced corrosion resistance and tensile strength. Thanks to the chosen Rockwell Hardness of 58, honing and sharpening is effortless.
Beautifully adorned with two gorgeous marbled resin bands reminiscent of twin moons or celestial wedding rings, Ronin Series knives come equipped with an extremely durable mirror-polished Pakkawood handle. They have high water-resisting capabilities, won't crack or split, and are easy to clean and maintain. Composed of wood fibers and fortified with resins, Pakkawood is exceptionally dense, and possesses incredible strength. It is no wonder it is a material often used in both military and kitchen environments.
Features and Benefits
- The blade is beautifully etched in an elegant and subtle Japanese Seigaiha pattern
- Granton Edge's scalloped cutouts provides minimal sticking
- Precision-forged & Nitrogen-cooled professional-grade High-Carbon 7Cr17MoV Stainless Steel
- Hand sharpened using the complex, three-stage, traditional Japanese Honbazuke method to a perfect 16-degree angle per side
- Amazing edge retention keeps its blade’s sharpness long
- Added chromium for greatly enhanced wear, stain, and corrosion resistance, and increased tensile strength
- Rockwell Hardness of 58 for maximum strength, flexibility, & blade edge durability
- Gorgeous pakkawood mirror-polished smooth handle offers astonishing comfort
- Full Tang Strength and handcrafted solid construction
- Stunning twin resin bands
- Seamless build ensures no dirt or debris can ever infiltrate its pristine body
- Impact-resistant pakkawood handle is nearly impervious to heat, cold, & moisture
- Laser-etched end-cap counterbalance
- Kessaku Ronin Series 12" Carving Knife
- Kessaku Felt-Lined Knife Sheath
- Kessaku Premium Gift Box with Magnetic Closure
- Kessaku Polishing Cloth
- Kessaku Care Instruction Booklet