The Senshi Chef's Knife is a multi-purpose instrument designed to excel at many different kitchen tasks. Its profile is especially helpful for rapid, staccato, rocking motions. With a Rockwell Hardness of 56, and sharpened to 14° per side using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method, the impressively sharp, precision-forged blade allows for effortless slicing, dicing, mincing, chopping, efficiently cutting up large cuts, or even disjointing a whole chicken.
The Senshi Series
Stately and sublime. With its special steel composition, our Japanese AUS-8 steel blades meet the standard of a tough, rust-resistant knife with a significantly long lasting razor-sharp edge. Carbon and Molybdenum explains its rigity and high wear resistance, Chromium and Nickel increases mechanical strength and edge retention, and Manganese helps increase hardness, reduce structural wear, and makes for easy sharpening. Put that all together, add our heat-treatment and hardening process to ensure durability, sharpness, and abrasion resistance, and you have yourself a new culinary life companion.
Alluring and gorgeous, with a visually stunning pattern that changes with the light like a hologram, our carbon fiber + G10 handle is arguably the most qualitative of our series. Carbon fiber is one of the strongest materials used today for knife handles. It is much stiffer than steel, five times stronger, and impressively lightweight to minimize fatigue. By infusing the carbon fiber with military-grade G10 thermoset, we've created a handle not only incredibly robust, but with resilience to thrive in the rigorous environment of the kitchen.
Features and Benefits
- Precision-forged, nitrogen cooled professional-grade Japanese high-carbon AUS-8 stainless steel
- Rockwell Hardness of 56 for maximum strength, flexibility, & blade edge durability
- Hand sharpened using the complex, three-stage, traditional Japanese Honbazuke method to a perfect 14-degree angle per side
- Amazing edge retention keeps its blade’s sharpness long
- Added chromium for increased wear and corrosion resistance and greatly enhanced tensile strength and edge retention.
- High-tech, military-grade, strong & substantial G10+ Carbon Fiber Handle
- Alluring and gorgeous, with a visually stunning pattern that changes with the light like a hologram.
- Perfectly balanced and designed to tuck right into your palm
- Full Tang strength and solid, handcrafted construction
- Nearly impervious to heat, cold, & moisture
- Ample knuckle clearance
- Kessaku Senshi Series 8" Chef's Knife
- Kessaku Custom Leather Knife Sheath with Snap Closure
- Kessaku Premium Gift Box with Magnetic Closure
- Kessaku Polishing Cloth
- Kessaku Care Instruction Booklet