Chef's & Paring Set
The Senshi Chef's Knife & Paring Knife Set is comprised of multi-purpose utensils designed to excel at many different kitchen tasks. With a Rockwell Hardness of 56, and sharpened to 14° per side using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method, the impressively sharp, precision-forged blades allows for effortless slicing, coring, dicing, peeling, skinning, mincing, and chopping ingredients of nearly any size.
The Senshi Series
Stately and sublime. With its special steel composition, our Japanese AUS-8 steel blades meet the standard of a tough, rust-resistant knife with a significantly long lasting razor-sharp edge. Carbon and Molybdenum explains its rigidity and high wear resistance, Chromium and Nickel increases mechanical strength and edge retention, and Manganese helps increase hardness, reduce structural wear, and makes for easy sharpening. Put that all together, add our heat-treatment and hardening process to ensure durability, sharpness, and abrasion resistance, and you have yourself a new culinary life companion.
Alluring and gorgeous, with a visually stunning pattern that changes with the light like a hologram, our carbon fiber + G10 handle is arguably the most qualitative of our series. Carbon fiber is one of the strongest materials used today for knife handles. It is much stiffer than steel, five times stronger, and impressively lightweight to minimize fatigue. By infusing the carbon fiber with military-grade G10 thermoset, we've created a handle not only incredibly robust, but with resilience to thrive in the rigorous environment of the kitchen.
Senshi Series Professional 8" Chef's Knife
A professional chef's knife is a multi-purpose instrument designed to truly excel at many different kitchen tasks. Its profile is especially helpful for rapid, staccato, rocking motions. The Senshi Chef's Knife's amazingly sharp, precision-forged blade allows for effortless slicing, dicing, mincing, chopping vegetables, slicing meat or fish, and efficiently cutting up and disjointing a whole chicken or large cuts.
Senshi Series Professional 3.5" Paring Knife
Our professional paring knife is a straight edge all-purpose knife with many uses, and its small size helps facilitate precise and intricate cutting details. It can peel the skin off a tomato, core an apple, hull strawberries, and transform citrus fruit to snazzy and spectacular slices. It’s also perfect for any foods that require attention to detail, such as de-veining a shrimp, removing the seeds from a jalapeño, and peeling, skinning, or cutting small garnishes. The non-stick properties of our own specially formulated Japanese High Carbon AUS-8 Stainless Steel blade provides precise and clean cuts. Our paring knife picks up where a chef’s knife leaves off, as a great tool for slicing and mincing items that are too small for 8- to 10-inch blades such as garlic, or shallots.
Features and Benefits
- Precision-forged, nitrogen cooled professional-grade Japanese high-carbon AUS-8 stainless steel
- Rockwell Hardness of 56 for maximum strength, flexibility, & blade edge durability
- Hand sharpened using the complex, three-stage, traditional Japanese Honbazuke method to a perfect 14-degree angle per side
- Amazing edge retention keeps its blade’s sharpness long
- Added chromium for increased wear and corrosion resistance and greatly enhanced tensile strength and edge retention.
- High-tech, military-grade, strong & substantial G10 + Carbon Fiber Handle
- Alluring and gorgeous, with a visually stunning pattern that changes with the light like a hologram.
- Perfectly balanced and designed to tuck right into your palm
- Full Tang strength and solid, handcrafted construction
- Nearly impervious to heat, cold, & moisture
- Kessaku Senshi Series 8" Chef's Knife
- Kessaku Senshi Series 3.5" Paring Knife
- Kessaku Custom Leather Knife Sheath with Snap Closures (2)
- Kessaku Premium Gift Box with Magnetic Closures (2)
- Kessaku Polishing Cloths (2)
- Kessaku Care Instruction Booklets (2)