The original Japanese Santoku refers to the three cutting tasks for which the knife was designed: slicing, mincing, and dicing. The Senshi Santoku Knife's finely honed blade and handle were crafted to work in harmony by matching the blade’s width and weight to the weight of the ergonomic handle and tang. This profile, coupled with its Granton edge, allows this multipurpose tool to cut all the way to the cutting board, while minimizing the amount of food that sticks to its blade.
The Senshi Series
Stately and sublime. With its special steel composition, our Japanese AUS-8 steel blades meet the standard of a tough, rust-resistant knife with a significantly long lasting razor-sharp edge. Carbon and Molybdenum explains its rigidity and high wear resistance, Chromium and Nickel increases mechanical strength and edge retention, and Manganese helps increase hardness, reduce structural wear, and makes for easy sharpening. Put that all together, add our heat-treatment and hardening process to ensure durability, sharpness, and abrasion resistance, and you have yourself a new culinary life companion.
Alluring and gorgeous, with a visually stunning pattern that changes with the light like a hologram, our carbon fiber + G10 handle is arguably the most qualitative of our series. Carbon fiber is one of the strongest materials used today for knife handles. It is much stiffer than steel, five times stronger, and impressively lightweight to minimize fatigue. By infusing the carbon fiber with military-grade G10 thermoset, we've created a handle not only incredibly robust, but with resilience to thrive in the rigorous environment of the kitchen.
Features and Benefits
- Precision-forged, nitrogen cooled professional-grade Japanese high-carbon AUS-8 stainless steel
- Rockwell Hardness of 56 for maximum strength, flexibility, & blade edge durability
- Hand sharpened using the complex, three-stage, traditional Japanese Honbazuke method to a perfect 14-degree angle per side
- Granton Edge's scalloped cutouts provides minimal sticking
- Amazing edge retention keeps its blade’s sharpness long
- Added chromium for increased wear and corrosion resistance and greatly enhanced tensile strength and edge retention.
- High-tech, military-grade, strong & substantial G10 + Carbon Fiber Handle
- Alluring and gorgeous, with a visually stunning pattern that changes with the light like a hologram.
- Perfectly balanced and designed to tuck right into your palm
- Full Tang strength and solid, handcrafted construction
- Nearly impervious to heat, cold, & moisture
- Ample knuckle clearance
- Kessaku Senshi Series 8" Santoku Knife
- Kessaku Custom Leather Knife Sheath with Snap Closure
- Kessaku Premium Gift Box with Magnetic Closure
- Kessaku Polishing Cloth
- Kessaku Care Instruction Booklet
Beauty and design describe my new Kessaku set. The compliments I receive are great, but the design and ease of use make me very happy cook.
My favorite go to set. I enjoy them so much, they are my knives of choice when preparing meals in my personal kitchen and bring them alone when on a job.
So pleased to be a part of Kessaku Family. Not only are we in love with our Knives set, the customer support provided was top notch!