The Spectre Cleaver Knife is a versatile all-in-one cooking instrument which excels at many culinary tasks, whether cleaving through meat, filleting fish, crushing ginger and garlic, or for fine, precise movements like mincing and slicing. Its profile also makes it ideal for push-cutting and chopping, and its broadside is perfect for scooping up sizable amounts of food right off your cutting board and into a frying pan or pot.
The Spectre Series
Gorgeous. Elegant. Ferociously formidable with unparalleled craftsmanship. With its special steel composition, our AUS-8 blades meet the standard of a tough, rust-resistant knife with a significantly long-lasting razor-sharp edge. Carbon and Molybdenum increase rigidity and high wear resistance, Chromium and Nickel increase mechanical strength and edge retention, and Manganese helps increase hardness, reduce structural wear, and make for easy sharpening. Put that all together, add our heat-treatment and hardening process to ensure durability, increased sharpness, and abrasion resistance, and you have yourself a new culinary life companion.
Adorned with an opulent mosaic pin made of brass and copper, our mirror-polish imported Spanish Pakkwood handles feel as if they were made just for you. They have a traditional Japanese D-Shape that tucks right into the palm with unrivaled comfort and control for both righties and lefties. Composed of wood fibers and fortified with resins, our Spectre Series pakkawood is exceptionally dense, possesses incredible strength, won't crack or split, and has high water- resistant capabilities with easy maintenance.
Features and Benefits
- Precision-forged & nitrogen cooled professional grade Japanese high-carbon AUS-8 stainless steel
- Hand sharpened using the complex, three-stage, traditional Japanese Honbazuke method to a perfect 14° angle per side
- Rockwell Hardness of 58 for maximum strength, flexibility, & blade edge durability
- Amazing edge retention keeps its blade’s sharpness long
- Added chromium for improved steel strength and enhanced stain resistance
- Gorgeous mirror-polished black Spanish Pakkawood handle
- Traditional Japanese D-Shape is designed to tuck right into your palm
- Mosaic pin of brass and copper adds elegance and luxury
- Full Tang strength and solid, handcrafted construction
- Nearly impervious to heat, cold, & moisture
- Stainless end-cap counterbalance
- Kessaku Spectre Series 7" Cleaver Knife
- Kessaku Felt-Lined Knife Sheath
- Kessaku Premium Gift Box with Magnetic Closure
- Kessaku Polishing Cloth
- Kessaku Care Instruction Booklet